If you have recently upgraded to Windows 10, you might have seen some number of apps installed by default in your PC. Not everyone will be using the apps so here is a tutorial to remove them.
Some of the apps can be uninstalled by right clicking on them and choosing uninstall. If there isn’t an uninstall option then follow the steps below to remove them.
I have also included several Power Shell Scripts below so you could just remove them by running those script. If you don’t want to run the scripts then you could follow the Manual Removal Method right below the Auto Removal Method.
REMOVE APPS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Automatic Removal Method
- Download the Script Below.
- Once downloaded, extract the file from the zip. Go to the extracted folder and right click on the file (windows_10_remove_aio.ps1) and click Run with PowerShell. Due to Security Reasons, Windows opens the file in notepad and does not execute the commands in PowerShell by default.
- You will get a UAC Prompt, click Yes.
- To Remove Apps, type R and press enter.
- Then choose the app you want to remove (only one option at a time or you could choose 0 to remove all preinstalled apps. The apps you installed on your own will remain.).
- Type Y to confirm the removal and the App will be removed.
- You can reinstall apps via Windows Store or use the script to reinstall all default windows app as well.
Manual Removal Method
If the Automatic Removal Method did not work, then you can follow these steps. It is safer to use the automatic method as it calls the package name directly.
- Open Search Menu and search for PowerShell. Right Click on it and Run as Administrator.
- Enter any of the commands below if you want to remove the specific app.
Remove 3D BuilderRemove 3D BuilderPowerShell1Get-AppxPackage *3d* | Remove-AppxPackage
Remove Bing AppsRemove Bing AppsPowerShell1Get-AppxPackage *bing* | Remove-AppxPackage
Remove Groove and Film & TVRemove Groove and Film & TVPowerShell1Get-AppxPackage *zune* | Remove-AppxPackage
Remove PhotosRemove PhotosPowerShell1Get-AppxPackage *photo* | Remove-AppxPackage
Remove Mail and CalendarRemove Mail & CalendarPowerShell1Get-AppxPackage *communication* | Remove-AppxPackage
Remove Phone CompanionRemove Phone CompanionPowerShell1Get-AppxPackage *phone* | Remove-AppxPackage
Remove Solitaire CollectionRemove Solitaire CollectionPowerShell1Get-AppxPackage *solitaire* | Remove-AppxPackage
Remove PeopleRemove PeoplePowerShell1Get-AppxPackage *people* | Remove-AppxPackage
Remove Voice RecorderRemove Voice RecorderPowerShell1Get-AppxPackage *soundrec* | Remove-AppxPackage
Remove XBoxXBoxPowerShell1Get-AppxPackage *xbox* | Remove-AppxPackage
Remove CameraRemove CameraPowerShell1Get-AppxPackage *camera* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Once you enter this in PowerShell, the app will be uninstalled. If you want to remove all of them, just use the script provided in the Automated Method.
There are many other apps that are pre-loaded with Windows 10, they can be removed by following the steps below.
- Run PowerShell as Admnistrator.
- Enter the following command, changing THENAME with the name of the app. (Just one word from the name)
Search for appPowerShell1Get-AppxPackage *THENAME*
This will list all the apps containing the name. Copy the package name of the app you want to uninstall and run this,
PowerShell1Get-AppxPackage *PACKAGENAME* | Remove-AppxPackage
Changing PACKAGENAME with the package name.
Have any questions ? Comment.